Thursday 29 July 2021 | Jumilhac-le-Grand | 25€
*** Fully Booked ***
My workshops have proved to be very popular and as a result I’m planning a third, this time in the north of the Dordogne at Jumilhac Le Grand.
If you are curious about the Camino de Santiago? Or one of the many people who watched the TV series Pilgrimage and thought “mmm…I’d like to do that.” Or maybe you have a friend (like me) who will wax lyrical about their amazing experience? Regardless of your reasons, you are here reading this information and if nothing else, you’re curious.
Come along to my workshop and I’ll provide you with all the tools that you need to start planning your own Camino!
The feedback from other workshops has been wonderful!
” You taught us everything we would ever need to know about walking the Camino. You gave us so much information help and advice that I know we will have a far better experience on our walk than we ever would have before. Your presentation was so professional and all of the handouts are invaluable “
I’m a self-confessed Camino addict. I discovered the Camino Frances in 2013 and I’ve walked at least one route each year since that first walk; my longest so far was 1007km from Seville on the Via de la Plata. In 2019 I created a 6-Day Camino Taster for 7 wonderful pilgrims who wanted to discover this ancient trail. I was overwhelmed by the response and it encouraged me to plan more and to also develop my Camino workshop. Covid-19 forced me to cancel so many walks and workshops but it feels like perhaps there is just a little light at the end of the tunnel, and perhaps there is a chance that we can return to this ancient and beautiful path.
I know that interest hasn’t waned as I still receive requests to organise other walks and workshop; many of the folks who contact are really interested in the nuts and bolts of walking and how to get started. With restrictions ending and summer coming it feels like now could be a good time to start. If you can answer yes to any of these then my Camino workshop might be just what you’re looking for!
- Do you not have the time, the knowledge or resources to spend hours researching over the internet?
- Would you like to walk the Camino but you need more information before making a decision?
- You want to walk but you’re a little nervous about all of the preparation?
- You have made a commitment to walk but would like to ensure you are fully prepared; so you can relax and just enjoy your Camino?
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with the enormous task of planning and preparing for long-distance walking and sometimes you need more answers than a guidebook can provide. I have planned a full, fun and practical day that will provide you with the tools you need to ensure you make the most of your Camino. My workshop will save you time and money and help you to avoid unnecessary and sometimes costly mistakes. We’ll cover :
- The history of the Camino, St James, the shell and the different ways to Santiago
- The Camino Frances; facts about the most popular route including altitude, terrain, stages and services
- Camino credentials (your pilgrim passport) and the Compostela
- Navigation and waymarking
- Albergue accommodation and pilgrim etiquette
- A typical day on the Camino (food, beds, distance, wifi, phones coverage and laundry)
- What does your Camino look like? Assumptions and expectations and how realistic are they?
- When to go, what kind of weather to expect and how busy will the route be?
- Transport; getting there and other transport options
- Luggage transfer
- Daily costs and pre-trip expenses
- Packing list ideas; what to bring and what to leave behind
- Gear; shoes, socks, clothes, poles, rucksacks and where to find sale items to save money
- Helpful websites, guidebooks and apps
- Health insurance and travel insurance
- Health and fitness; how to prepare physically and the level of training necessary
- Blisters; prevention and treatment and general first aid
- Self-Care; safety, security, hydration, energy, footcare, diet
- Motivation and your ‘call’ to walk the Camino; Religious, spiritual, historical or adventure
Get in Touch to Reserve Your Place
Thursday 29 July 2021 | Jumilhac-le-Grand | 25€
There are limited places for this workshop so to reserve your spot, drop me a line and be sure to include your contact details!
COVID-19 Safety * We will be sitting outside under a covered shady terrace * All participants must bring their own mask and hand sanitiser * All participants must bring their own food and drinks as no refreshments will be provided
One thought on “Camino Planning Workshop”
Hi Colleen – thank you for such an informative and fabulous workshop. You are a great inspiration and as a result of everything you said, I’ve been motivated to walk a Camino asap! I’ve been thinking of walking one for a few years now, ever since I walked the Machu Picchu Inca trail with my daughter. I would love to join you on one of your planned walks next year, or even before then if there are any spaces available! 🙂 At the moment, I don’t have a preference about dates, but I would like to finish in Santiago.
LikeLiked by 1 person